Looking for a DELICIOUS one pan dinner meal idea? This yummy one pan Chicken Fajitas recipe is everything you hope for! Quick and easy to make and full of flavor! This family pleasing recipe is a winner!
Poblano and Potato Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Hi everyone! Amanda here from Old House to New Home sharing a meal that’s really unique but super delicious!
Do you love Mexican food? It is by far my daughter’s favorite food. She loves to go out for Mexican and we love it too. Our local Mexican joint is so good. The chips are fantastic, the service is fast, and the food is always out of this world. One of our favorite things to order are the chile poblanos. They are a baked poblano pepper stuffed with mashed up potatoes mixed with some hot chili peppers. They are fantastic and I have been wanting to recreate a version at home of these!
I was grocery shopping last week and I saw some beautiful poblanos on sale and knew it was time to finally tackle my at home version of the stuffed poblano. I wanted to make a more kid friendly version because I knew that my daughter, who is a great eater, would not be all that thrilled about a big green pepper stuffed with mushy potatoes. Now tacos and fajitas, she can get down with that idea, so I decided to go that route.
I didn’t know how filling potatoes and peppers would be in a fajita, so I added chicken, but feel free to leave it out to keep these vegetarian. They were definitely very filling and I would love to try them next time with portabella mushrooms instead of the chicken. So here’s what’s great about these. One Pan! Everyone loves one pan dinners right? I cooked the potatoes, onions, and potatoes first, then added in the chicken to the same big skillet. The seasonings all got added to that pan and out emerged the best fajitas I have ever had. Seriously, these are amazing. I know it sounds like a weird combination, but go with me on this one, they are really delicious!
I am going to be bossy and tell you that you need to try these Poblano and Potato Chicken Fajitas as soon as possible because you are missing out without them in your life!
- 3 medium poblano peppers, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced into strips
- 2 medium yellow potatoes, diced
- 1/2 lb of chicken breasts, cut into tenders
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- flour tortillas, sour cream, and salsa for serving
- In a large skillet, add your oil over medium high heat.
- Add the potatoes and stir to coat in the oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until they are starting to tenderize.
- Add the peppers and onions and stir well. Let everything cook together, stirring frequently, until potatoes are fork tender and veggies are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Push veggies and potatoes toward one side of the pan so that you have enough room for your chicken to cook unobstructed by the veggies.
- Once chicken is in the pan, add all of the seasonings to the entire pan so both the chicken and veggie mixture are seasoned Cook 6-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Taste for seasoning and add more chili powder if you would like it spicier.
- Remove chicken and veggies from the pan and serve with warm tortillas, and condiments of your choice, enjoy!
More Great Recipes you’ll love!
Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe :: Comforting and delicious! My kids love this soup!
Pumpkin Fudge Recipe :: Rich, smooth pumpkin fudge is to die for!
Share and Enjoy
Latest posts by Amanda (see all)
- Valentines Day Centerpiece - Jan 28 2016
- Mini Caprese Skewers with Creamy Pesto Dipping Sauce - Dec 28 2015
- DIY Thanksgiving Centerpiece - Nov 19 2015