Strawberry Nutella Cheesecake Flautas
Hello and Happy Summer! I am so glad to be back here this month from Old House to New Home sharing a delicious summertime dessert recipe! Summer nights are the perfect time for dessert and after a long hot day, nothing tastes better than a bowl of ice cream…or so I thought. You know what makes a bowl of ice cream taste even better? A crispy cinnamon sugar tortilla stuffed with a layer of sweet cream cheese, a smear of nutella, and then topped with fresh bursts of strawberries dunked into that ice cream! So refreshing and delicious!
If you aren’t familiar with flautas, they are a tortilla rolled up, typically filled with chicken and cheese, and topped with a white cream sauce. They are usually fried until crispy, but my method bakes them, so make them slightly healthier, ya know, so I can fill them with cream cheese and nutella! Flautas are one of my favorite Mexican restaurant dishes, and this dessert version definitely does not disappoint.
For the sake of research, I made lots of different varieties of these little guys, and the cream cheese nutella version was our family favorite. I stuffed one with strawberries, chocolate chips, and marshmallows for a s’more variety and it is a great alternative if you aren’t a nutella fan! You could also just leave out the nutella and make them strawberry cheesecake with just the sweetened cream cheese.
We dunked ours into a delicious vanilla bean frozen yogurt, topped with even more strawberries, which I think was the perfect combination of flavors.
These Strawberry Nutella Cheesecake Flautas took only minutes to throw together after dinner and were the perfect way to end a lazy Saturday! If you are looking to mix up your normal summertime ice cream sundae, then you should definitely try these!
- Recipe Makes 4 Flautas
- 4 small taco sized flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced small
- 3 heaping tbsp. whipped cream cheese (or regular, but whipped is easier to spread)
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 heaping tbsp. nutella
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp.white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Ice Cream for serving
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until no lumps remain.
- In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar, white sugar, and cinnamon.
- Lay your four tortillas flat on a baking sheet.
- Smear a layer of cream cheese, then nutella, then sprinkle with strawberries on each tortilla. Keep filling off center toward the edge so that you can roll these up tightly.
- Sprinkle filling with 1/2 tsp of the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Roll up tightly and lay on baking sheet, seam side down.
- Spray with cooking spray and then sprinkle the tops of each tortilla with more brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Baking for 5 minutes and then flip. Bake an additional 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Some filling may run out, but that is okay!
- Serve hot alongside ice cream, enjoy!
Share and Enjoy
Latest posts by Amanda (see all)
- Valentines Day Centerpiece - Jan 28 2016
- Mini Caprese Skewers with Creamy Pesto Dipping Sauce - Dec 28 2015
- DIY Thanksgiving Centerpiece - Nov 19 2015