Polish Christmas Star Ornament
Christmas is the season for twinkling lights and hand made ornaments. One type of ornament that adds nostalgia to your holiday is the Polish Star, which has been a favorite for several centuries. This SVG cut file quickly takes care of all the boring cutting for you and you get the fun of making the stars.
I love the black and white color scheme of the Jolly Christmas Collection from Canvas Corp Brands. Add an ornament hanger made from Gingham fabric and these Polish Star ornaments really stand out when hanging on your green Christmas tree.
- Jolly Christmas: All Wrapped Up Reverse on White card stock from Canvas Corp Brands
- Red Gingham fabric
- String or thread
CUT AND ASSEMBLE THE STAR
- Open the Polish Christmas Star SVG cut file in to your Silhouette.
- Move the Button cut line off of the cutting area.
- Move the round Star cut line to the upper left corner.
- With the cut line selected, click Object – Replicate – Row of Three (8.5 x 11 in) or Row of Four (12 x 12 in)
- With the entire row selected, click Object – Replicate – Column of Four, to cover the page with Stars.
- Move the Button cut line to the bottom below the Star cut lines.
- With the Button selected, replicate a row of four.
- Cut at least 10 stars and four buttons.
- Wrap masking tape around the tip of a sharpened pencil.
- Using the pencil tip as a form, shape each section of a Star in to a point and glue the ends.
- Repeat this step for all Star pieces.
- To reinforce a Button, glue two Button pieces together, matching the holes. You will need two reinforced Buttons.
- If your card stock is very thick, you might want to use more than two layers for each Button.
- Thread string or sewing thread through both holes in one Button.
- Thread both ends of the string or sewing thread through the open hole in the center of one Star.
- Turn this first Star over so that the design side is not facing upward.
- Thread the string or sewing thread through the next Star piece, with the design side facing upward.
- Repeat the previous step for the remainder of the Star pieces.
- All but the first Star piece should have the design side facing upward.
- Thread the ends of the string or sewing thread through the holes in the second Button.
- Tighten the string or sewing thread until the centers of the Star pieces are close together and tie tightly.
- Tie a knot at the center of a 12 inch strip of Gingham fabric.
- Tie the two loose ends in to a second knot about 3 inches from the first.
- To add the hanger to the ornament, glue the first knot to the center of the Polish Star.
Hope that you enjoyed the project. Come back soon!
More Jolly Christmas Collection papers available at Canvas Corp Brands and more SVG cut designs available at dcipollodesigns.com.
Find more DIY Ornaments Here: