Mini Witch Hat Garland
So, there’s Glinda the Good Witch, The Wicked Witch of the West, and then there’s the witch who wears one of these hats. I don’t know what her name is, but I’m pretty sure she’s super fun and fabulous…I’d want to be friends with her. Okay, maybe I’m giving myself a little too much credit, but I make a lot of garlands, and this may just be one of my all-time favorites! In case you weren’t yet aware, black, white and gold fall into the “so-obsessed-she-needs-meetings” category for me. I. Can’t. Get. Enough. So you can imagine how giddy I get about decorating for Halloween.
I also have like 10 too many garlands (or 30 too many if you ask my husband) hanging around my house–apparently I have an obsessive personality. But I wanted something fun and whimsical for Halloween (and, of course, easy), and I think this totally checks all of those boxes. So here’s how to make your own:
Mini-Witch Hat Garland Tutorial:
- Craft Pom Poms
- Scrapbook Paper
- Hot Glue
- Ribbon, Buttons–whatever you want for embellishments. Get creative!! (I used a spool of pom trim and gold leather cord from Hobby Lobby)
I just Googled images of “mini party hat template” and printed one off. Trace the hats and cut them out, also cut out circles for the “brim” of the hat. I cut 3.5″ circles on my Cricut for mine, but you’ll want to sort of play around and find a size that works with the size of your hats.
The pictures of steps above are pretty self explanatory but:
1. Put glue on one of the outside edges of the hat and,
2. Pull it around into the cone shape and press it down.
3. Put a small line of glue around the bottom and,
4. Attach it to the black circle
5. Add your embellishments
6. Using a needle, put all of your pom poms on your string (I used big ones for the hats and small ones in between).
7. Then just put a little dab of glue at the top of your hat, and attach pom pom to the hat.
And that’s it! This totally makes me think witch-at-a-party!
More Halloween Crafts: