Jessica shares a fun how to make a fun Honeycomb Garland! Perfect for any party or gathering! Enjoy! -Linda
Everyone loves honeycomb balls! Did you know you can create your own honeycomb shapes? All you need is some honeycomb paper, a pair of scissors, and some tape! You can purchase honeycomb paper on Amazon, or at your local Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores. With New Years Eve almost upon us, I knew I wanted some honeycomb DIAMONDS….stat.
DIY Honeycomb Garland Tutorial
- Honeycomb Paper
- String for Garland
- Fold the paper in half, noting the strips that are along the honeycomb paper. You want to make sure they are going left to right. Cut out your shape on the fold.
- Repeat this step until you have as many shapes as you want for your garland! I cut out various diamond and circle shapes.
- Next you will see, that by gently pulling out the paper edges, you can pull it all the way around to create a 3D effect -or- simply pull it out half way for a shape with a flat back.
- Place some 2 sided scotch tape on the flat side of your honeycomb shape, and simply fold both edges together in the middle and Press. Slip the string in the middle, and you suddenly have a fabulous garland for your New Years Eve party!
Wishing you all a safe and happy New Years Eve! And until next year… Happy Crafting!
Looking for more holiday DIYs? Find lots of ideas on the Craftaholics Anonymous Pinterest Page!
Don’t forget to enter the Silhouette Portrait Giveaway!
Want to join the Craftaholics Anonymous® Creative Team? Apply here!
Latest posts by Jess Abbott (see all)
- DIY Honeycomb Garland - Dec 26 2013
- How to Sew a Christmas Pom Pom Pillow - Nov 26 2013
- Halloween Flashlights: Easy DIY Craft - Oct 22 2013