Hello, it’s Jenny from Honey and Birch and today I’m sharing a super simple summer dessert with you. This no churn cookies and cream ice cream only needs 3 ingredients and a few hours in the freezer.
No Churn Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
Before you know it, you will have a delicious ice cream recipe read to serve!
Start with a can of sweetened condensed milk. Pour it into a large bowl and set it aside.
Then pour your heavy whipping cream into the bowl of a stand mixer or another large bowl. Whip it on high until stiff peaks form. If you have a stand mixer, use a whisk attachment; if not, use a hand mixer to beat it. It should only take about 5 minutes until it is ready for the next step.
While the cream is whipping, start smashing your chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos). You want some of it to crumble into a semi-fine dust and some of it to remain as cookie chunks. Separate the dust and chunks; I do that by pouring the cookies into a mesh strainer placed over a small bowl. Set aside.
Place one scoop of the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk and stir it together with a spatula. Then add the rest of the whipped cream and cookie dust. Stir with your spatula until it is mixed together.
It’s time to pour it into a freezer-safe container! I use a bread pan but have also used glass baking dishes. I lined my pan with wax paper but that isn’t necessary. If you want to cut your ice cream into slices, the wax paper does help you pull the whole ice cream “loaf” out of the pan – just an idea if you want a change from ice cream bowls or cones.
Pour half of the whipped cream mixture into your container and then sprinkle half of the cookie chunks on top of that. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, pouring the rest of the whipped cream and cookie chunks on top of the cookie chunks.
Cover the container with wax paper and put it in the freezer for 6 hours.
And that’s it! The whole process takes about 10 minutes to prep and can remain in your freezer for up to 2 weeks. It can’t get any easier than that to make homemade ice cream.
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
- 10 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a large bowl. Smash the cookies until you have 1/4 cup of cookie crumbs and 2 cups of cookie chunks.
- In another bowl, whip the heavy cream until it holds stiff peaks (about 3 minutes). Mix a scoop of the whipped cream into the condensed milk and stir until combined.
- Pour the remaining whipped cream and the cookie crumbs into the condensed milk mixture and fold the mixture until combined.
- Transfer half of the mixture into a freezer container. Sprinkle half of the cookie chunks on top.
- Repeat with the remaining ice cream mixture and cookie chunks, pouring it on top of the first half. Drag a knife through the entire mixture to spread out the cookie chunks.
- Press a piece of wax paper against the surface and freeze for at least six hours before eating. Mixture will keep for up to 2 weeks in the freezer.
Looking for more no-churn ice cream recipes?
Try my recipe for no-churn honey nut ice cream!