Tangle Tiles Envelope
By: Diane of dCipollo Designs
Do you ZentangleR or Tangle? I do whenever I can, at lunch or just to relax after a hard day. So how do I carry my tangle tiles? I love this little envelope that holds just enough tiles for on the go. The envelope is a small 4 x 4 inches that fits in my bag or desk drawer. Never know when you will get the urge to tangle!
This SVG cut design has the die cuts for the 4 x 4 inch envelope. Also included is a 2 x 2 inch Bijou-sized print and cut design and a 2.25 x 2.25 inch frame. When glued together, they become the button that hides the Velcro closure.
Free SVG Cut File Download:
- Canvas Corp Brands Black and Ivory Damask Card Stock
- Core’dinations Black Card Stock
- White Card Stock
- 1.5 inch wide Ribbon
- Velcro Dots
I love the vintage look. So in the sample, I cut the envelope from Black and Ivory Damask Card Stock from Canvas Corp Brands. The button frame was cut from Core’dinations Black Card Stock and I used a lively lavender ribbon, saved from a gift, for the band.
Print and Cut With Your Silhouette
- Open the Tangle Tiles Envelope SVG cut file into your Silhouette. Remove all pieces from the cutting area expect for the print and cut design and the surrounding cut line. They are at the upper left corner of the cutting area.
- Turn on the Registration Marks and place the design and cut line together within the Registration Marks. Load your printer with the paper of your choice and print the Bijou sized print and cut design. Switch the paper to your Silhouette and cut.
- Turn off the Registration Marks. Select the other cut lines, right-click and select Ungroup from the Menu. Replace the print and cut design with the die cut lines for the large envelope and cut one from the designer paper of your choice.
- Replace the envelope cut lines with the cut line for the frame. Cut two of the frame from colored card stock of your choice.
Assemble the Envelope
- The fold lines of the envelope are marked at each end with a small slash. Fold along all 8 fold lines, forming the .5 inch wide sides of the envelope.
- Fold the two taps inward.
- Glue the tabs to the adjacent narrow sides.
- Fold the side flaps inward and glue to the envelope back.
- Center the tangle design on top of the frame and glue in place to make the button.
- Glue the tangle button on to the top of the ribbon at one end.
- Center the button over the top flap of the envelope, extending the button about .5 inch beyond the tip of the flap. Glue in place.
- Glue the second frame piece to the back of the button and envelope flap.
- Wrap and glue the ribbon around the center of the envelope and trim to fit, leaving a 1 inch extension.
- Fold the extension inside the envelope and glue to the back.
- Adhere the Velcro dot to the back of the button and envelope.
- Fill with your favorite tangle tiles and enjoy.
Hope that you enjoyed the project. Come back soon! ~Diane
Visit the Canvas Corp Brands online store for the Black and Ivory Damask Card Stock and other products. More SVG cut designs available at dcipollodesigns.com.
The Zentangle Method was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. Zentangle is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Many aspects of the Zentangle Method, including Bijou, materials and teaching tools are covered by trademark or copyright which is owned by Zentangle, Inc. All rights reserved. Learn more at the Zentangle website.
Have a Craft Question? Post it on the Craftaholics Anonymous® Facebook page and get answers!