I love Halloween themed shadowbox trays and when I saw the new Haunt It Collection from Canvas Corp Brands, I knew the vintage styled tags on Kraft paper were perfect for my next project. I had just purchased the Petite Pete mini skeleton and was so glad that he fit into the small 7Gypsies tray. Of course he needed a friend, so I dressed up one of my favorite antique reproduction Frozen Charlotte dolls for Halloween. Throw in a little creepy cloth, skeleton head cameos and mini pumpkin pods and you’ve got a great little Halloween tray that you can hang on the wall, use as a table decoration or just set on a shelf for that spooky night!
- Haunt It Tags on Kraft from Canvas Corp Brands
- Solo Shadowbox Tray from 7Gypsies
- Pumpkin Pods from alphastamps.com
- Natural Creepy Cloth from Amazon.com
- DecoArt Americana 2 oz. Acrylic Paint Black from joann.com
- Petite Pete – Mini Skeleton 8.5″ by Anatomical Chart Company from amazon.com
- Crayola Air Dry Clay – White from joann.com
- Longzang Skull Fondant Silicone Sugar Craft Mold Mini – Skeleton Lady from amazon.com
- Longzang Skull Fondant Silicone Sugar Craft Mold Mini – Skeleton Man from amazon.com
- Frozen Charlotte Doll Art Mold from articusstudiodesign.com
- Darice Chenille Bump Stems Orange from thecraftshoppe.com
- Orange Tulle Netting from retrocafeart.com
ASSEMBLE THE TRAY
- Dry brush white paint over the edges of the tray.
- Fussy cut the tray inserts from the Haunt It Tags on Kraft card stock.
- With the large box in the tray at the top, glue the tag pieces in place.
- Glue the orange Chenille bump stems around the outside edge of the tray.
- Using air dry clay, mold one of the largest Frozen Charlotte dolls.
- When completely dry, smooth the edges with an emery board and “antique” the doll with a dry brush and black paint.
- Repeat the previous steps for the mini cameos. You will need one of each.
- Cut a piece of orange tulle about 12 inches and the length of the doll minus her head.
- Gather the tulle and wrap it around the body of the doll.
- Tie the tulle in place by wrapping a half piece of a Chenille bump stem around the doll’s waist.
- Fussy cut the small hat and the owl from the Haunt It tag and set the owl aside. Glue the hat to the doll’s head.
- Glue the Skeleton Lady cameo to the front of the doll’s dress over the stem.
- Cut the Creepy Cloth in to 3 – 4 inch wide pieces and glue along the front top and bottom edges of the tray.
- Glue the Frozen Charlotte doll on the right side of the large box in the tray, leaving about 1 inch open on the right side of the doll.
- Glue the owl that you previously cut from the tag to the top right corner of the tray.
- Fussy cut the pumpkin group, potions bottle and mask from the tags.
- Glue the Skeleton Man mini cameo on to the front of the potions bottle.
- Glue the potions bottle at the right bottom corner of the tray.
- Tuck the mask under the neck of the potions bottle and glue in place.
- Glue the pumpkins to the left side of the tray about two-thirds down from the top.
- Wrap one Chenille bump stem in to the shape of a dunce cap and glue to the top of the Petite Pete skeleton’s head.
- Glue Petite Pete to the left side of the top box in the tray, allowing his legs to fall over the bottom boxes.
- Fussy cut the Halloween Wishes for You! tag and glue along the top edge of the tray.
- Glue three mini pumpkin pods between Petite Pete and the Frozen Charlotte doll.
- Glue more pumpkin pods in to the small bottom boxes in the tray.
- Hampton Art Mix The Media Wooden Plank Plaque from amazon.com
- Panacea Products Natural Excelsior from joann.com
- Haunt It: Orange & Black Stitched Diamonds on Kraft from CCB
Hope that you enjoyed the project. Come back soon! ~Diane
More Haunt It Collection papers available at Canvas Corp Brands and more SVG cut designs available at dcipollodesigns.com.