With the world emailing and texting so much, a hand written note inside a hand made card is a great way to do something personal. I wanted to make this card for Mother’s Day, but not wanting a good project to go to waste, I decided to turn it into an SVG cut file for the Silhouette Cameo.
Free SVG Cut File: Vintage Notecard
The SVG cut design is for a 4 x 5.5 inch note card (when folded), with several paper layers on both front and back. You can finish it with a paper ribbon, a real ribbon or lace. There are cut lines for each paper layer and for the card body. Use this SVG cut file as you would use a card sketch. But it’s much easier as the pieces are ready for you to cut from your choice of designer papers.
A hand written note is almost a thing from the past, so I wanted this note card to have a vintage style. The dusty pastel papers from 7Gypsies Gypsy Moments were perfect. For the two sample cards, I added hand dyed seam binding ribbon in two matching colors and one of the 7Gypsies Antique Gold Keys to one and black lace, seam binding ribbon and a 7Gypsies Charm to the other.
- 7Gypsies Board and Room Gypsy Moments
- 7Gypsies Express Yourself Gypsy Moments
- 7Gypsies Take Our Breath Away Gypsy Moments
- 7Gypsies Under the Cover Gypsy Moments
- 7Gypsies Antique Gold Keys
- 7Gypsies Charms: Moments
- Black Lace Pack from KAISERCRAFT
- Hand Dyed Seam Binding Ribbon – Ebay
Cut With Your Silhouette
- Open the Side Fold Layered Note Card SVG cut file into your Silhouette. Remove all but the Card cut line from the workspace and cut one from any card stock.
- Replace the paper in your Silhouette with the first designer paper that you wish to use on the front of the card and cut one Layer piece. From the Menubar, click Object – Mirror – Flip Vertically, to flip the Layer piece. Cut with the second designer paper, giving you two Layer pieces.
- Replace the paper in your Silhouette with the designer paper for the back of your card. Cut one from the Back piece.
- Cut one from the Ribbon piece with another designer paper.
Assemble the Card
- Glue the two Layer pieces to the front of the card, overlapping the layers and matching the rounded corners on the open side of the card. Extend the pieces around to the back and glue in place.
- Glue the Back piece to the back of the card, again overlapping and matching the rounded corners.
- Glue the Ribbon piece to the front and back of the card, covering the cut edges of the Layer pieces. If you are using lace, glue the lace in this same position.
Add the Embellishments
- Tie a small piece of embroidery thread to the antique key or charm. Glue the ends of the thread to the front of the card in the location that you wish to place the bow, allowing the key or charm to fall freely.
- Cut pieces of seam binding ribbon the width of the card plus enough for the bow. Cut each piece in the center to have equal length pieces.
- Open the card flat. Starting at each edge of the card, glue the ribbon(s) along the center of the paper ribbon or lace. Tie the ribbon(s) together, hiding the embroidery thread.
Hope that you enjoyed the project. Come back soon! ~Diane
Visit the Canvas Corp Brands online store for the 7Gypsies paper and other products. More SVG cut designs available at dcipollodesigns.com.
Looking for more Silhouette projects?