It’s my anniversary in a few days and I didn’t want to give my husband the usual store bought card. So I decided to design this card sketch free SVG cut file, which I used to create a classic styled anniversary card made with a tangled heart design and some Canvas Corp Brands papers. To keep with the classic style, the 5 x 7 inch card features the Black and Ivory Damask card stock from their DIY Wedding Collection. The red ribbon and white circle announce the number of years this anniversary represents.
Use the Card Sketch as a starting point for your own design and choice of papers. Then let your Silhouette do the cutting for you. As an alternative design, you could replace the Card Art with a tangled heart design from one of the Tattered Tangles card stock papers from Tattered Angles. Just print and cut the Card Art, fussy cut a heart from the Tattered Tangles papers and glue it over the original heart design, still using the “Happy Anniversary” message.
FREE SVG CUT FILE:
- Black and Ivory Damask Card Stock from Canvas Corp Brands
- Optional: Tattered Tangles Card Stock from Tattered Angles
- Black, white and red card stock
CUT WITH YOUR SILHOUETTE
- Open the svg file into Silhouette and remove everything from the workspace but the print and cut Card Art, its surrounding cut line and the small Circle cut line. Print the card art with your printer and cut both pieces with your Silhouette. Turn off the Registration Marks.
- Replace the artwork and circle with the Base cut line. If you are cutting from an 8.5 x 11 inch paper, click Object – Rotate – Rotate to 90 degrees to rotate the Base on the 8.5 x 11 inch workspace. Cut one from solid card stock in the color of your choice.
- Reduce the scale of the Base to 95% and cut another Base from printer paper. Fold in half and add your hand-written message. Set aside.
- Replace the Base cut line with the Layer 1 cut line. Cut one Layer 1 piece from a patterned card stock.
- Replace Layer 1 with the Layer 2 and the Ribbon cut lines. Cut one of each from a solid card stock in an accent color.
ASSEMBLE THE CARD
- Fold along the center of the Base to form the 5 x 7 inch card.
- Glue the Layer 1 pattern piece over the front of the card.
- Glue the Layer 2 piece over Layer 1, centering it at the bottom of the card.
- Glue the Card Art piece centered over Layer 2.
- Glue the Ribbon at the top left of the card.
- Write the number of years that the couple has been married on to the Circle and glue over the Ribbon.
- Glue the message layer inside the card.
Hope that you enjoyed the project. Come back soon! ~Diane
Visit the Canvas Corp Brands online store for the Black and Ivory Damask and Tattered Tangles card stock. More SVG cut designs available at dcipollodesigns.com.