my white burlap christmas wreath!
doesn’t it look so pretty against my red front door??
here’s how i made the super easy red flowers….
- fabric (can be scraps)
- hot glue gun
- buttons, jewels, or beads
There you go! Easy, huh. These would be cute for headbands, clips, handbags, pins, etc. I made 3 of these flowers for my White Burlap Wreath:
I’ve had a lot of questions about my Burlap Wreath. So I decided to post a few tips and tricks to making a burlap wreath (sorry, not a full blown tutorial. It’s a tag along today :)
- I used a 14″ round hard foam ring (avail at craft stores.)
- Paint the foam ring white (or the color of your burlap) so that the green foam ring doesn’t show through. I just used craft paint.
- Before you cut your burlap, lightly spray it with a water bottle. This helps with the mess. a little. :)
- I cut about 1 1/2 yards of burlap into 1″x16″ strips.
- I very highly recommend using a rotary cutter to cut your burlap. You can use scissors and a yardstick, but I’ll just warn you, your wrist will hate you after!
- (added later) I wrapped the burlap strips around the foam ring and then tied a double knot. I overlapped the strips and bunched them up as I went. If you try to undo a burlap strip after you’ve tied it, the burlap will shred! :)
Latest posts by Linda (see all)
- Powder Room Makeover - Mar 25 2019
- Raspberry Sweet Rolls Recipe - Mar 12 2019
- Farmhouse Spring Wreath - Feb 19 2019