candy corn crochet bag 8
halloween-monster-wreath-featured-image
Cute Halloween Craft for kids - Halloween Lacing.
Vintage Halloween Banner
Easy Spider frame. Halloween craft idea
pillow envelope tutorial

Time Off

Happy Monday, everyone! Normally I have a fabulous tutorial or craft to share with you on Mondays, but today I do not. I need to take some time off from blogging this week. That’s not saying you won’t see me, I’ll be on Facebook and other social media sites. But I just need some time off. I’ve gone full steam ahead without more than a day or two off since my second monkey was born, 16 months ago.

And I’ll be honest, I’ve been going through a bit of a rough patch in my personal life. Nothing big, promise. Just dealing with stuff.

And then having a couple mean commenters last week, was the last straw for me.

Don’t worry, I’m totally fine. I just need  a quick breather to clear my head. I’m sure I’ll be refreshed and ready to go after a couple days.

Thank you for being patient with me and for reading Craftaholics Anonymous. It really does mean the world to me.

See you soon!

happy crafting,

linda

Comments

Trista says:

Linda,
    I know all too well about time off :) Enjoy yourself and know that we will all be here when you decide to come back. I will never understand the reason for unnecessary commenters but unfortunately they are out there. You are a wife and mommy, you have priorities and.you are smart enough to know when to put the pencil down and walk away only to return with a refreshed mind and spirit. Warm Wishes!

All artful says:

Don’t let the haters get you down, their being there is a sign of your success and reach. Know that there are many, many of us who love what you do and are thankful. Take care and feel free to reach put if you need anything.
    Stephanie @allartful

Laura M says:

Time off is always good when you’ve been going non stop for 16 months. We will miss you. Sorry to hear about negative comments. Please know there are so many here that love and support you.

Lori says:

No worries, we will all be here waiting in anticipation for your next post. I love getting you in my inbox, and I hope you have a great break. And just an FYI for SOME people…if you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything at all!. See ya soon, Lori

Karla says:

love your blog!! yours is one of the few I check daily… looking forward to your next crafty idea. Enjoy your time away! Karla

Jessica says:

I hope that you are enjoying your time off! Recuperate so that you can come back ready for more fun on your blog, it’s one of my favorites to read!!

Sara J. says:

I’m sad you had to deal with unkindness and rude comments. I love your blog and think the world of you.
    Enjoy your time off and take care of yourself!

Birgit says:

Sometimes we all need a break… try to enjoy it and come back refreshed and re-energized. And why anyone would leave a negative comment is beyond me. I love your blog as do tons of other craft enthusiasts and we love you dearly. Can’t wait until you come back!!

Ingrid says:

Enjoy your sabbatical! Hope you are able to refresh, relax, rejuvenate and any other “r” words that sound good:) All of your fans will miss you while you’re gone!

p.s. Boo for mean commenters–they must not have listened when their mom said “if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all;)”

Ceci says:

I agree with Ingrid; everyone needs some time off at some point… love love your craft room, I hope I can turn mine into something looking like yours. Take Care
    ceci

kristie says:

LOVE you!!! Sorry life can be hard. I am glad you are taking a break. LOVE your blog….

Vanessa says:

HI, Linda

I pray you are refresh and feeling better this week. I hate mean comments too. Like the old saying goes, “If you don’t have anything good to say then don’t say it”. You are a blessing and inspiration and I alway appreciate all the great tutorials you post. Have a great week and weekend.

Hugs,

Vanessa

Jill says:

Sorry about the mean commentors! I don’t know how anyone could write a mean comment to you! You’re the best! I hope that you enjoy your time off! Take it easy! Smiles, Jill

Mairin says:

Hi Linda – I didn’t read every comment, but I’m sure that the vast majority expressed the same things that I will share with you. What you do by blogging is make OUR lives more creative and blessed and we can be nothing but appreciative for it. The time that you take for yourself and for your family is well deserved and needed. Please know that we will be here waiting for new blog posts when YOU are ready, and no one will fault you if those posts are less often then the crazy pace you’ve set for yourself these past few years. Please know that there are people out there who negatively comment on blogs and newspaper articles because they have nothing thats valuable and meaningful in their lives and it is NO reflection on you or your work. I look forward to your next blog, and if that never comes, I’ll enjoy the archives!

YOU deserve it! You were one of the first blogs I ever started to follow – I’m constantly amazed at what you do! Get a rest and come back to use even stronger!

BOOO on mean commenters! I’m so sorry to hear that….hugs to you!