Hey girls! It’s Brandy from Gluesticks and today I’m excited to share a cute Halloween craft for kids that I recently made with my daughter, Kaylee. She’s been asking for sewing lessons and so I decided to start with the basics. A plastic needle and some thread. We created a simple lacing project that can easily be customized for any holiday!
Halloween Lacing Craft for Kids
- Felt scraps
- burlap canvas (I bought mine in a 2 pack at Walmart)
- plastic needle
- embroidery floss
- adhesive or craft glue
- punch tool
- Black Fabric (puff) paint for eyes
Optional: I used a round stencil brush to add dots (using acrylic paint) to my canvas the day before we made our craft. It added a nice pop of color and was so easy to do.
Have a Craft Question? Post it on our Facebook Page and get Answers!
- Trace and cut out your felt. A basic shape works great. I folded a piece of paper in half and traced my shape so that it would be a mirror image of my ghost shape.
- Use a brad/eyelet punch to add lacing holes around the border of your felt shape.
- To keep the felt in place while sewing around the edges, use some adhesive.
- Center the felt on the canvas and press lightly.
- Using a plastic kids needle and embroidery floss, begin stitching around the edges.
- Add eyes using some fabric puff paint.
In less than a half an hour she had two darling Halloween crafts ready to hang on the wall.
What lacing felt design would you create? A Christmas Tree? Turkey? Valentine’s Day heart?
Come visit me at Gluesticks for more kids crafts and activities!
Share and Enjoy
Latest posts by Brandy (see all)
- Printable Valentines Day Lunch Box notes and jokes - Dec 31 2014
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Cake - Dec 03 2014
- DIY Fairy Dust Necklaces - Nov 11 2014