There’s nothing better than making and receiving handmade gifts. Hands down, handmade gifts are my favorite! So let’s do a Christmas in July Gift Exchange and see if we can get more people to sign up for this one than the December Gift Exchange!! So invite your friends and family to participate and we’ll have a holly jolly JULY :)
Here’s the low down on the gift exchange. Please read this entire post BEFORE you sign up by commenting. If you have any questions, PLEASE email me at [email protected]
If you commit to participate in this exchange, you will need to make one Handmade Gift for a fellow blogger and have it post marked by June 30, 2010. In return, you will receive one Handmade Gift from a fellow blogger in the mail some time in July. Gift Exchanges are way fun!!! I have participated in several exchanges in the past and have received lovely handmade gifts and made great friends along the way. This gift exchange is meant for everyone so there is no price or size minimum. :)
Wanna play? Here’s how to be a part of the UNITED STATES Gift Exchange (click here for the International Gift Exchange):
- Leave a comment on THIS post to sign up for the UNITED STATES Gift Exchange. Please include your email address in your comment. Double check that your email address is correct.
- You will then make a handmade gift and mail it to the blogger who posts a comment below yours. It will be up to you to contact that person and get their mailing address.
- Gift Exchange sign up will be open until June 9, 2010. At that time, I will email the last commenter and let them know to send their gift to the first commenter.
- It is very important that you have your gift post marked by June 30. If you can get your handmade gift in the mail earlier, that’s even better!
- Participating in this exchange means you will probably have to make a trip to the Post Office so please take that into account when you’re looking at your schedule.
- I have no way of patrolling everyone’s participation….but usually, people are honest and do their part.
- There is no skill level required. A handmade gift is always wonderful, no matter how technical it is!
- There is no price minimum on the handmade gift. I want everyone to participate that wants to, without having to worry about financial constraints. If shipping costs are an issue, you can make a gift that is light weight and fits inside an envelope.
- (added later) You do not have to do a Christmas theme, unless you want to.
- If you’re stumped on what to make, get to know your giftee and find out what she likes. That might give you some ideas AND give you a new friend.
- If you sign up and later realize you cannot participate, PLEASE email me ASAP. DO NOT JUST DELETE YOUR COMMENT if you accidentally signed up on the wrong post. PLEASE email me FIRST at [email protected] so I can adjust the gifters. thanks!!
Sign up closed June 9, 2010. The next gift exchange will be in 6 months.