This is a great 2015 calendar, as it looks special but doesn’t take up much room on your desk. It’s so simple to make, you might want to make one for yourself and some more for your friends.
12 SIDED CALENDAR 2015: Free SVG Cut File
This SVG cut design contains the art and cut lines for a 12-sided monthly calendar, that becomes a 3D polygon when assembled. The calendar comes in two sections to fit an 8.5 x 11 inch printer. Also included are cut files for the base, which can be covered with fabric or paper.
Recently I purchased a few Kvarnvik boxes from Ikea, which are covered in grey fabric. I decided to design a calendar with a square base, covered in Canvas Corp Brands grey burlap fabric. It’s a great match.
- Grey Burlap Sheet from Canvas Corp Brands
- White Card Stock
CUT WITH YOUR SILHOUETTE
There should be only one svg file in the download. When you open it into your Silhouette, you will see the two calendar sections at the top. Directly below them are the two cut lines for the base.
- Open your Silhouette and set the Page Setting to 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Open the SVG cut file into your Silhouette and turn on the Registration marks.
- Drag the cut lines for the Base Bottom and Base Top off of the workspace. Select both the artwork and the cut line for one section of the calendar and drag off of the workspace. Drag the other calendar section and cut line within the Registration marks.
- Print the first calendar section on your printer and then cut with your Silhouette.
- Replace that calendar section with the second calendar section and cut line. Print and cut again.
- Turn off the Registration marks. If you will be cutting the base from 12 x 12 inch paper, change the Page Setting. Replace the calendar section with the cut lines for the Base Top and cut one from card stock. Replace with the Base Bottom and cut one.
ASSEMBLE THE CALENDAR
- Each calendar section has 5 monthly calendars surrounding a sixth in the center. Fold all five monthly calendars to the back of the center monthly calendar.
- Fold all tabs to the back.
- Working on one calendar section, glue the side tab of one monthly calendar to the straight side of an adjacent calendar to form half of the 12-sided polygon.
- Repeat for the other calendar section.
- Now we will glue the two sections together. Again, glue the tabs of one section to the straight edges of the other section.
ASSEMBLE THE BASE
- Glue the Base Top and Base Bottom pieces to the burlap fabric.
- Trim the excess fabric from the edge of each piece.
- Fold along all fold lines of the Base Top, forming the sides and bottom tabs of the Base Top.
- Glue one side tab to an adjacent box side, to form the base.
- Glue the Base Bottom to the bottom tabs of the base.
Hope that you enjoyed the project. Come back soon! ~Diane
Visit the Canvas Corp Brands online store for the 12 x 12 inch burlap fabric. More SVG cut designs available at dcipollodesigns.com.