Hi friends! Today I’m sharing a few quick and easy tips to getting an organized kitchen…. because let’s face it, kitchens can get kind of crazy in a fraction of a second! (Or is it just mine??) I know it is always a daily struggle to keep my kitchen clean, organized, and functional, all at the same time.
So I put together a few tips and tricks that can help you achieve a more organized kitchen.
10 Tips to an Organized Kitchen
- Hang up kitchen utensils and other kitchen essentials to utilize vertical space in your kitchen. Back splashes and backs of doors are perfect for this!
- Store items that are most frequently used in easily accessible places.
- Put children’s dishes and utensils at a level where they can reach them. That way they aren’t dragging chairs and stools into the kitchen to get a water cup.
- Group similar items together. For example, stack your bowls inside of each other to take up less shelf space and make them easier to find.
- Use labels whenever you can. This is especially useful in the pantry!
- Keep the lids on your plastic containers or organized by size in one place. This prevents a scavenger hunt for a lid when putting leftovers away after dinner.
- Use drawer dividers to separate items within a drawer. You can also use small empty food containers for this. (Put all those baby food jars to good use!)
- Install under cabinet lighting. This is a simple update that will add more light to not only your kitchen counter tops, but also to your kitchen and will make it feel less cluttered.
- Use baskets to contain and organize odds and ends. You can tuck them into shelves, cabinets, or leave them in plain sight for a great look.
- Store your cooking essentials, like olive oil, salt, garlic, etc, near your stove top so that you can access them quickly while cooking.
Hope you enjoyed these simple tips and put them to use! I always like the motto: Everything has a place and everything in its place. Now to tackle my own kitchen!!
How do you Keep It Simply Smart in the Kitchen? Tell me about it in the comments for the chance to win a $100 gift card!
The sweepstakes for this program is $100 gift card to Cooking.com.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
a) Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
b) Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
c) Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
d) For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. Winners will have 72 hours to claim the prize, or an alternative winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 7/23/12 – 8/23/12
Be sure to visit the Perdue Simply Smart Chicken brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!
Like the PERDUE® SIMPLY SMART® Facebook page where you’ll find product info, recipes, and other tips from bloggers.
Share and Enjoy
Latest posts by Linda (see all)
- Summer Fiesta Wreath - May 11 2018
- Mother’s Day Card Printable for the Favorite Child - May 09 2018
- Teacher Appreciation Door Idea - May 02 2018